We are currently recruiting an Automation Engineer and FLS Shift Automation Engineer for a contract with a large service provider in the pharmaceutical sector.
– Plan and co-ordinate scheduled PAS system maintenance activities.
– Take responsibility for PAS change controls, taking part in user reviews, investigations, meeting users and Quality to develop suitable solutions, prepare documentation for changes, implement changes and complete close out documentation.
– Troubleshoot PAS software applications
– Interpret technical user requirements relating to software.
– Ensuring the quality of all software related deliverables is acceptable.
– Implement design changes to PAS with customer validation/quality unit approval
– Support PLC and SCADA utilities and production systems issues investigations, solution development, change controls and change implementation
– Maintain configurable device software files and parameters in the Factory Talk system for PLC code, HMI and SCADA code and variable Speed Drive parameter files
– Maintain the factory talk system in a compliant state, ensuring no unauthorised access
– Maintain prior versions of software files in Factory Talk and check software in and out as per procedure
-Implement patch and security updates for in Factory Talk as required
-Degree in Chemical Engineering, Applied Physics and Instrumentation, Electrical or Electronic Engineering or qualifications in other relevant engineering discipline with appropriate experience
-Minimum 4 years experience in the Pharmaceutical Industry
-Working knowledge of Distributed Control System. (Delta V , 800 xa, Foxboro I/A or large scale PLC/SCADA implementation)
-Understanding of IT platforms such as networks and servers
-Demonstrated team work abilities
-Knowledge of GMP’s, regulatory requirements, computer system validation
-Excellent written and verbal communication skills for both technical and non-technical audiences is a must for this role.
For more information or to apply for this role please contact Ruth Holland on 021-4777329