Are you an Automation Engineer or Solution Architect with significant DeltaV experience? Have you worked on front end design projects for Drug Substance plants?
The successful applicant will participate in the development and implementation of an MCS Solution(Delta V) (Upstream & Downstream) in line with S88 standards for the BDS plant, and will manage the delivery of robust, compliant and cost effective MCS Solution in line with agreed timelines for this key capital project. The Automation Engineer/Solution Architect needs to understand how the product is made and turn it into a control strategy.
– The Automation Engineer will contribute to the definition of the technical strategy for execution of the Automation Scope
– The Automation Engineer will ensure technical alignment between the Areas in the Automation project by defining, describing and communicating design and code standards and participate in design reviews, model reviews, etc., and to input on technical elements of the design.
– The Automation Engineer will also be responsible for reviewing contractor’s work during design, construction and validation.
– The Automation Engineer will also co-ordinate the development of the Automation software and hardware to ensure alignment with the project schedule to enable equipment FAT’s, on-site SAT’s, commissioning and validation of the process systems to meet the overall project schedule.
– Ensures the right technical prioritization in the project.
– Works closely together with the other Automation Engineer to ensure deliverables are ready in time for the different milestones throughout the project.
– Works closely together with the other Automation Engineers to ensure the defined standards are followed consistently in the project and the library modules are used as intended.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
– Degree level qualification in chemical, electrical or mechanical engineering, or equivalent.
– Demonstrated capability for leading complex Automation projects technically from initial design / development through to the validation of the facility in support of defined objectives.
– Capability to define and set technical direction for the Automation Vendor Team.
– Min. of 7 years’ experience in the Biotech environment delivering Automation design / commission / start-up.
– Has a deep process understanding of production processes used like upstream, downstream processes or CIP, and/or has a deep knowledge of automation system architectures.
– Ability to constructively challenge, defend and present technical aspects of system design.
For more information on this role please contact Antoinette on 021-4777329 or apply direct through this advert.